This post may contain affiliate links
Procrastination is a super common issue that can hold you back from feeling productive (trust me, I’ve been there before).
To procrastinate means to push off the important tasks that you need to complete, leaving them for a later time or date. Procrastination may make you feel better for a little while, but it can snowball, leading to missed deadlines and growing anxieties.
Procrastination is a tough issue to mend. But, I’ve found that the following three strategies can help you stop procrastinating:
- Identify the things that waste your time, such as social media, going into the kitchen for snacks, shopping online, etc.
- Block out periods of time every day when you just focus on your tasks and ignore those time thieves.
- Make your to-do list for the day the night before so that, right when you wake up in the morning, you know exactly what you have to do.
Procrastination often happens when you’re being lazy. Click here to read more about my tips for fixing laziness.
Clearly, procrastination causes more stress than it’s worth. But, once you start procrastinating, it’s very hard to stop.
That’s why I’ve gathered up the following quotes – to help you say goodbye to procrastination for good.
15 Amazing Procrastination Quotes
“Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone”
― Pablo Picasso
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.”
– Charles Dickens
“The greatest amount of wasted time is the time not getting started.”
– Dawson Trotman
“You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.”
– Jerry West
“During a very busy life I have often been asked, “How did you manage to do it all?” The answer is very simple. It is because I did everything promptly.”
– Richard Tangye
“A perfect method for adding drama to life is to wait until the deadline looms large.”
– Alyce P. Cornyn-Selby
“Begin while others are procrastinating. Work while others are wishing.”
-William Arthur Ward
“Time wasted is existence; used is life.”
– Edward Young
“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”
– Abraham Lincoln
“The best way to get something done is to begin.”
– Author Unknown
“Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.”
– Michael Landon
“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand—and melting like a snowflake.”
– Francis Bacon
“Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.”
– David Allen
“If you have goals and procrastination you have nothing. If you have goals and you take action, you will have anything you want.”
– Thomas J. Vilord
It doesn’t get any more true than that! Goals and action together are the best procrastination-busters that you have.
Procrastination can be hard to overcome, but doing so is totally possible. You truly can be a productive, successful person who always meet deadlines and never procrastinate.
All it takes is some help and determination!
You’ll also love reading:
Other Great Quotes that you can check too.
- 15 Uplifting Quotes to Comfort You Through Tough Times.
- 20 Inspirational Quotes About Life That will Change How You think.
- 10 Inspirational New Year Quotes For a Fresh Start.
- 15 Motivational Quotes for Success
- 15 Quotes That Will Make You Love Your Body.
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So.
- 15 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes, Sayings messages.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Being Lazy.
- 15 Motivational Quotes to Help You Get Sh*t Done.
- 15 Never Give Up Quotes to Persevere Through Any Challenge in Life.
- 15 Best Inspirational Self-Love Quotes To Make You Love Yourself Even More.
- 15 Quotes to Boost Your Self-Confidence.
- 15 Love Quotes To Express How You Feel On Days When You’re Lost For Words.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Procrastinating
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So
- 15 Powerful Quotes That Will Boost Your Productivity.
- 15 Quotes To Overcome Perfection Syndrome.
- 15 Motivational Quotes For When You Just Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything.
- 15 Amazing “Good Morning” Quotes to Help You Start the Day Right.
- 15 Self Care Quotes and Sayings to Show You The Importance of Looking After Yourself.