This post may contain affiliate links
Self-love: Us women especially struggle with this throughout our lives.
To love yourself means to accept both your personality and your appearance in the mirror. It means that you speak kindly to yourself and respect your own needs.
It can be hard to love yourself, especially if you’re having trouble at work or in your personal life. But I feel like I need a self-love boost, I do these three things:
- Spend a few hours taking care of yourself, whether that be taking a long bath, getting some extra sleep, or doing some yoga.
- Find a new piece of clothing or accessory that makes you feel beautiful. You deserve it!
- Take time to journal about your thoughts, goals, fears, and dreams to get back in touch with yourself.
When you’re feeling low in the self-love department, you could benefit from wise, inspirational words.
Here are my 15 favorite quotes for when I need a self-love pick-me-up:
“If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.”
“Talk to yourself like someone you love.”
– Brene Brown
“How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.”
– Rupi Kaur
“Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself – what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.”
– Warsan Shire
“Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity.”
– Katrina Mayer
“Accepting yourself only as long as you look a certain way isn’t self-love, it’s self-destruction.”
– Laci Green
“Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.”
“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”
– Oscar Wilde
“To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.”
“Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.”
“When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs, and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.”
– Kim McMillen
“Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.”
– Brené Brown
“Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.”
“If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”
– Charles Bukowski
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.”
– Lucille Ball
I absolutely love that last quote from Ms. Ball. It’s so true: when you have a love for yourself, the other parts of your life will start to get better and better. You’ll feel happier, have more energy, and be more motivated to achieve your goals.
So, don’t be afraid to love yourself, you are completely worth it.
Other Great Quotes that you can check too.
- 15 Uplifting Quotes to Comfort You Through Tough Times.
- 20 Inspirational Quotes About Life That Will Change How You think.
- 10 Inspirational New Year Quotes For a Fresh Start.
- 15 Motivational Quotes for Success
- 15 Quotes That Will Make You Love Your Body.
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So.
- 15 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes, Sayings messages.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Being Lazy.
- 15 Motivational Quotes to Help You Get Sh*t Done.
- 15 Never Give Up Quotes to Persevere Through Any Challenge in Life.
- 15 Quotes to Boost Your Self-Confidence.
- 15 Love Quotes To Express How You Feel On Days When You’re Lost For Words.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Procrastinating
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So
- 15 Powerful Quotes That Will Boost Your Productivity.
- 15 Quotes To Overcome Perfection Syndrome.
- 15 Motivational Quotes For When You Just Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything.
- 15 Amazing “Good Morning” Quotes to Help You Start the Day Right.
- 15 Self Care Quotes and Sayings to Show You The Importance of Looking After Yourself.